Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
Im getting ready to purchase the necessary tools needed for the AR. I have the list from another thread, but was wondering if there is a certain brand of armorers wrench that is better than the others as well as which action block should I buy? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Most like the DPMS armorers wrench.  Brownell's sells an action block for $35, works well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:27:58 PM EDT
[#2]
DPMS and Bushy's armory's wrench work for me ; action block (i got a M1S block)-they are all about the same--its best to make sure they will fit both A2 and flatops; vice; leatherman; punches; hammer; mallet; tape; vice grips
thats about all you will need
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Appreciate the input fellas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#4]
AR roll pin punch kit....available from Brownell's

Roll pin starter punches are a very nice extra but unlike the roll pin punch kit ( which is only about 20 bucks ) the Starter Set is about 46 bucks.....totally worth it

also get a mag block ( to hold the lower when you need to ) another handy tool

as is an 8 ounce ball peen hammer

and a good 4 inch or better vise
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top