Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 4:17:16 PM EDT
Driving out Roll Pins, specifically Trigger guard one. I am nervous about doing this but I have a Superior Arms trigger guard I wish to install. I have tried tapping out the Roll pin but can't seem to shift it at all. I am not wanting to risk damaging the lower. It's not something easily replaced in the country I live in.
an Idiots Guide would be wonderful?? Has anyone else fitted the same guard, blurb says "secured by 2 roll pins"
Mike
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used the Superior Arms guard you are using but try soaking the roll pins with a penatrating oil overnight.  I also recommend using roll pin punches to drive the pins in and out.  They make a big difference.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Get the roll pin punch set for the Ar-15 from brownells, the holder set is also a good investment. Just remember to support the area when you are hammering
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies guys
Mike
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Get the roll pin punch set for the Ar-15 from Brownells, the holder set is also a good investment. Just remember to support the area when you are hammering.

What 9mm1911 said. A must have and invaluable for working on your AR ...... remember to support the lower on books, boards, or an armourer's block, also available from Brownells for around $15.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
If you're going to work on ARs you need the good punch sets named above.

Take if from a cheap guy who ended up learning to Gunkote because he was too cheap to buy a good punch set.  My first two builds were done with a pair of plyers and a nail set.  It got ugly.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top