Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2006 10:26:45 AM EDT
Hello,

This might be a repost, but I was wondering what is the difference between those two, since I just gotten my M-16 Bolt and Carrier which i will be building my rifle in less than 36 hours !

I picked it up aand it only cost me 5 extra bucks instead of the Ar-15. How can I tell the difference between those since I have been looking at Pictures online and I dont see anything , there isnt any marking on mine. Due to several threads saying that  the Law Officers might give you a hard time if they find out its a M-16 on your rifles but I dont think that is an issue anymore unless Im wrong....

Let me know :)

Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#1]

1)  Colt "C" style Carrier
2) Normal AR-15 Carrier
3) Colt "SP1" style Carrier
4) M-16 Carrier

AR15 and M16 bolts are the same....no differences AFAIK.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
more material in the rear and shrouded firing pin
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
if it looks the same, whats the big fuss about it ? Thanks for the picture, that helps ...

I just dont want to bring my black rifle to the Range and then some Pricks from the Law comes up to me and says this is a M-16 blah blah...

so what do you suggest me to do ? just do this outdoor range only ?

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:58:31 AM EDT
[#5]
no "prick" from law enforcement is going to give two shits about what carrier you have in your rifle. just wear your tin foil helmet and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, That is the mesage Im getting right now...

I am going to assemble my build tonight with PICTURES of my STAG Lowers and I C A N ' T wait..

Thank you for all of your comments, I feel better now with the choice i made and i dont give two shits about it ..
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#7]
All of Colt's civy legal rifles come factory with M16 carriers...
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#8]
By the way, we demand pics when its done!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top