Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 5:32:25 PM EDT
I assumed my new-old-stock Bushie upper (Dissipator)had a 14.5" barrel with a permanent brake. But the barrel measure 16" to where the brake is pinned on. Asked the guy I bought it from, said he had Bushmaster press it on at the factory.
Sooo.. there should be no problem removing the brake & dummy FSB and having the barrel threaded......correct??

No legal issues I mean. Removing the brake and FSB will probably involve a Dremel and threading the barrel will be gunsmith work?

I'll prbably just shoot it as-is for now, but wouldn't mind cleaning the front-end up a little and going to a free-float rail eventually.

Anyone run into a similar situation with a post-ban Dissipator?

Thanks,
ElKabong

P.S.
Heres the gun...not a good pic of the barrel though.
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=275962

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Bushmaster before you fuck it up.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link below tells you how to do it.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=226782

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top