Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 4:47:46 PM EDT
I have seen a few pics of some builds that refer to them as "RECON's".  I like the look of these a lot and am just wondering what specs these guns have that make them a RECON.  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s more a set of guidelines to build upon than a specific rifle....the basis for this came from a build up for a gun to be used by the SEALS, but then was high jacked by SOCOM and eventually became the SPR...These rifles where conceived as the RECCE rifle (pronounced "ricky") .......(there used to be a good thread around here on these rifles...I thinks its in archives know) I’m not certain if you’re talking about a specific rifle made by a manufacture. Dennys Guns / GTI makes a "Recon" rifle. Basically, its a 16" match grade gun, colasp. stock, mid length gas system, low power optics, the idea being compact, portable, accurate rifle that you could make longer range shots with if the opportunity, or mission needs arose....

check this out...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=212585&page=1

couple of shots of my Dennys Recon....couple of other dealers make a simler gun to this....Ive been dealing with Denny, cant go wrong with him....

give Denny a ring hell splain it better than I .....
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 5:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top