Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 7:23:22 PM EDT
Unfortunately, I'm in one of those states...

Anyway, I want to do an SBR build with all the evil features. What preban lower should I go with? I'm planning on a Noveske 10.5" upper, will an "older" Colt lower work? I've seen Sporter lowers on the EE, will this work for a carbine/SBR build? Are there any drawbacks? What should I expect to pay for a preban Colt lower? Will most of the newer stocks mate up with an older lower?

I'm not 100% set on Colt, but if I am going to register an SBR, I want to pick a quality lower to do it with.

TIA.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
colt will work, but expect to pay a LOT for it. pretty much any decent lower will fit your needs. i would just recommend you move.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:34:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Colt would make a great lower to build off of.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:45:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Colt would be a nice start as long as you do not live in CT.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Believe me, thought about the move...

Thoughts on $500 for a SP1 99% lower?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
What state are you in? You had better check into the laws of a SBR. Most sates that have a ban will not allow SBR's.

If you are in NY forget it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#6]
MA. SBR's, MG, but no suppresors.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
MA. SBR's, MG, but no suppresors.

Thanks again

You lucky dog.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top