BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2006 4:17:05 AM EDT
WOA complete upper
Oly Lower - From good buddy whos a dealer
Monarch
shooters ridge... sorry. I will order my harris later.

put about 300 south african through it on sunday, was great as long as I shot nice stuff. Just picked up some 60 grain stuff to put through the 1:7. LOVE the monarch.

Just picked up a Pneumatic recoil buffer, take that spring sound out of my teeth when I shoot.

Little story about that magpul PRS, had a trip planned to make some noise this sunday, so I ordered the stock last monday, called magpul on wednesday to get an update on tracking and it wasnt going to be at my house till the 29th.... I expressed my anguish that I would not be able to go on my shooting trip and the magpul angel next day air'ed me another PRS that got to my house just in time for the assembly and shoot.

If you are in michigan, deal with Wilderness Adventures in the southeastern part of the state - Russ really helped me out.

Thanks all for support, I am allready planning my second build.

http://img484.imageshack.us/img484/5514/woa1ib.jpg
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:59:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice...here
-JBot
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 5:13:23 AM EDT
[#2]
the shooter's ridge bipod is a POS
It took me about a year for the scar tissue in my thumb to grow out through the nail.

I had the shooter's ridge mounted on my Vepr. The Vepr kicks and jumps like a little baby mule when you fire it on a table/rest. So after all the jumping and kicking, the two rollpins holding the rubber feet start to spring out. Well I went home and tried to fix it and cut myself badly because my pliers slipped. I finally figured out the easy way to fix it and now wrap the feet on my bipods (Harris as well) to prevent this from happening in the future. In retrospect, I'll only buy Harris or not at all.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
WOA complete upper
Oly Lower - From good buddy whos a dealer
Monarch
shooters ridge... sorry. I will order my harris later.

put about 300 south african through it on sunday, was great as long as I shot nice stuff. Just picked up some 60 grain stuff to put through the 1:7. LOVE the monarch.

Just picked up a Pneumatic recoil buffer, take that spring sound out of my teeth when I shoot.

Little story about that magpul PRS, had a trip planned to make some noise this sunday, so I ordered the stock last monday, called magpul on wednesday to get an update on tracking and it wasnt going to be at my house till the 29th.... I expressed my anguish that I would not be able to go on my shooting trip and the magpul angel next day air'ed me another PRS that got to my house just in time for the assembly and shoot.

If you are in michigan, deal with Wilderness Adventures in the southeastern part of the state - Russ really helped me out.

Thanks all for support, I am allready planning my second build.

img484.imageshack.us/img484/5514/woa1ib.jpg

Nice build and nice scope.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:37:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats a great looking build. Job well done congrats
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#5]
That's a WOA/WOP float tube.  It's a well thought out design and easy to install.  Have a red one on my match upper...
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
i like it.

it does look like with the adjustable cheekpiece you'll be in the market for a tac latch...  that looks like a pain in the ass when it comes to working the charge handle.  

it really is sweet.  how about a range report and pics of little groups?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#7]
That's a beaut of a rifle, and I'll just bet she's accurate!

That varmit tube is dead sexy, but they don't offer it in carbine or middy.  WTF?!
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:36:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Shot it on sunday, I only shot south african, it easily hits tennis balls at 200 yards. First time I have ever shot a rifle so I am probably not great. I have bought some 60 grain steel tipped rounds and will be making some noise again on sunday at 100 yards. I will post pics of groups then... unless I suck then I will be too embarassed.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:33 PM EDT
[#9]
If you can, buy a RRA 2-stage match trigger from John Hollinger at WOA.  He tunes them.  You will NOT be disappointed.  These are great triggers!!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top