Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/14/2006 7:47:18 AM EDT
I've done a search, and there are several topics concerning the grips, and installation. I've read them all, but none answer my question. The grip kit comes with a roll pin, and a small threaded allen head screw, where do these go? The roll pin looks to long, and to thin for the trigger gaurd, and looks like it may be used to pin the backstrap to the main body, but it is to large. I can't find a place for the small threaded screw. Several people have said their MIAD came with no instructions, niether did mine. The basic installation is self explanitory, and it feels solid without being pinned. I like the feel of it, and think it will be fine, but I don't like having extra parts, without knowing where they go. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks....Treeman (ETA) If anyone from Magpul reads this, a set of basic instructions would be a nice addition to the  future grip kits.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 8:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
sta1treeman,

The long roll pin is for securing the backstrap once you have decided on the best one for you. I do have to say that I'm not sure if it is really needed as my backstrap felt pretty secure without it. I went ahead and installed it anyway for a little extra security. I don't plan on changing my backstrap. Worst-case you'll have to tap the pin out first. No big deal. I assume you got the full MIAD grip package including the trigger guard, and the very small allen screw you have left is for securing the front of the trigger guard to your reciever.
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#2]
TeJota1911, Thank you. I thought that was what the pin was for, but the hole seemed kind of small, and without knowing, I didn't want to force it, and that is where I thought the screw should go, but I couldn't get it to thread. If  the trigger gaurd was installed, and a bit more stable, it would probably thread easier. I feel lke the grip is solid enough with out the pin, and I think I've settled on the backstrap that feels best, maybe when I'm 100% sure, I will go ahead and install it. Thanks again for your help. ....Treeman
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top