Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:49 AM EDT
I just picked an action block from bravocompany and it has model1sales stamped all over it.

The block holds the upper so loose that I have enough room to actually wrap a t-shirt around the upper to take up the play.  It is hard injected molded plastic.

Is this normal???
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you sure it's in there correctly?
I have the black plastic type that's hinged on the bottom, it fits like a glove. I used mine last night to mate an M4 barrel and M4 upper.

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, it fits in there and mine is hinged at the top.  It is closed at the bottom and closed at the top but also has a slot for the carry handle inside it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Send it back and get a DPMS or Schuster block.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine worked fine for me when I used the t-shirt method.  Just make sure you insert the inner part to support the receiver.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Mine worked fine for me when I used the t-shirt method.  Just make sure you insert the inner part to support the receiver.

Ya I did that now I encountered another problem, I can't get the damn inner part out with the dust cover shut, it won't force the dust cover open.

nevermind, i got it out, put on floor, hold with feet and yank.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
are you putting it in the vise? tightning it down good?

i use the bushmaster block but after crushing an upper and  handling the dpms block with insert it seems to be a better tool
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:35:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from CMMGINC !! WORKS GREAT!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Well I cut a tshirt up and placed it nicely around the upper so I didn't have a lot of cloth in there.  put it in the vise with the plastic fake bolt assembly group thing, tightened it up in the vise and removed my barrel.

I didn't crush the upper.  Both the top and bottom portion of the action block is closed.  I think they made it this way so it would be really hard to crush the upper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:23:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
i use the bushmaster block but after crushing an upper and  handling the dpms block with insert it seems to be a better tool

You would think that for $50.00 for a chunk of plastic it would work better.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Do like i did pad blocks with felt!
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top