Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:34:46 AM EDT
Is it any cheaper to buy a full lower half and then a full upper and snap them together yourself....or just get the full rifle already assembled?  I cant do the head spacing and install the barrel but can do the stock, upper, lower, charging handle, bolt, trigger assembly, etc....hell anyone that carried one any amount of time can do that from breaking it down for a full cleaning...but do they really charge a $100 or more just to push a couple pins together?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Then that is what I will do....as I also assume you must buy them at different times even though they may be from same vendor?  This would keep shops from popping the pins and selling as pieces....

So who has the best deal on uppers and lowers for a RRA or Stag?  I have been to ADCO, Eagle and anothers page...all are pretty close.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
majority of the dealers here have similar pricing and customer service, all great!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]
I had PKFirearms build my upper, RRA FT with 14.5 Bushmaster barrel and pinned Flash hider and A.R.M.S. BUIS.  I was very pleased with the price and quality that they turned out.  I got my RRA lower with NM trigger from Eaglefirearms.net.  Again, pleased with their service.  I was going to build the upper myself however after buying the tools needed, It would have costed more than what PKFirearms charged me.  Same goes with the lower.  I say piece it together, I fun doing mine and I wish I would have put it together myself but couldn't justify the price difference.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top