Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:38:29 AM EDT
I just acquired all the "stuff" to build a rifle, Lauer lower, Stag upper, Stag lpk.

I've never done this or anything like it before, so the help available here is absolutely invaluable.

When I opened the plastic baggie the lpk stuff came in, I found I was missing the tiny spring that goes in the bolt catch.  Where would be the best/easiest/fastest outlet to get one of these springs?

TIA
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
DelTon, or any of those.  But don't forget you'll pay more for the shipping than anything else...

-C4-
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that info.  Is this something that a gunsmith/shop might have locally?  I'd spend more in gas driving there than the spring costs probably.  Of course, these things aren't very common in Kalifornistan, so maybe not.

There is always some disadvantage in screwing up.  I had not opened the baggie before, but it is such a tiny part, it may have popped out before the count was made, and is laying there on the carpet unnoticed.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
You might try devising something yourself.  I have heard of others using ballpoint pen springs to replace the takedown detent springs.  That spring reminds me of somthing you might find in a piece of electronics, somthing like a pushbutton switch or similar...perhaps a electronics store?  Too long is ok, it can be cut.  Try to find somthing with the same diameter.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 2:32:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for those suggestions.

Since this has to be a fixed magazine Kalifornistan legal rifle for the time being, does anyone make the take down pin at the rear of the receiver with a ring already fitted for ease of removal?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
JALLEN,
Watson weapons sells an extended takedown pin that is easier to get out. Find it here:
www.watsonsweapons.com/50boss.htm

Scroll about halfway down the page. I've seen some of the guys on Calguns use this for their Fab-10 lowers. I think I'll pick one of these up too (that is, whenever the DOJ gives back my lower).
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#7]
JALLEN send me your mailing address via IM and I will send you a bolt catch spring at no charge. Charles the Gunsmith.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top