Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:27:36 AM EDT
My question is which end of the trigger and hammer pin goes in first and from which side of the receiver? I see 2 grooves on each pin, do they line up with something.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 11:39:35 AM EDT
[#1]
i usually install the notched side first through the mag release side but it doesnt matter.

the hammer spring legs rest on the trigger pin slots to keep them from walking, the hammer's j-spring holds the hammer pin in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it, thanks alot!
Now I cannot move the safety selector unless the hammer is cocked. Is this normal?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
thats normal hammer has to be cocked foe easy removal
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Got it, thanks alot!
Now I cannot move the safety selector unless the hammer is cocked. Is this normal?

yes
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Awsome, you guy's rock! Thanks for your help.
This was my first lower build. I guess I can stop being nervous.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

sounds like your first AR altogether.  Most people know the hammer has to be down for the safety to be engaged.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
sounds like your first AR altogether.  Most people know the hammer has to be down for the safety to be engaged.

So you bumped this 45 day old topic to basically call me a dumbass? I'm sorry I'm not as experienced as you and everyone else. Furthermore, I'm sorry I posted such a dumb question that required you to waste your time adding such a worthless coment.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for asking the question.  I am looking at the same trigger right now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:13:24 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you bumped this 45 day old topic to basically call me a dumbass? I'm sorry I'm not as experienced as you and everyone else. Furthermore, I'm sorry I posted such a dumb question that required you to waste your time adding such a worthless coment.

Gotta have thicker skin around here,half the people help and the other half poke fun and list your AR shortcomings.. And the other half...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm sorry to bring up the fact that you ought to know how the safety works before you decide to remove it to install a new trigger.  

Most people figure out that the safety won't engage unless the hammer is cocked.  It's fine if you didn't know but you sure ought to before trying to install a new trigger system.  

It's like asking us if the barrel nut has to be tight when you are telling us you are installing a new barrel.  

ETA:  I'm not criticizing you for simply not knowing, I'm criticizing you for taking a pretty big step with your trigger and not knowing basic safety function.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 4:17:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you were just looking for an excuse to be a dick.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1   We all have to start somewhere
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually, "Hammer down" is the opposite of being cocked. If the hammer's down, the safety can NOT be engaged.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah, but the bonus was showing that you have no business fucking with your fire control parts.

We all have to start somewhere but starting at the beginning is the best place- definitely understanding the safety is an important step to even owning one...

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top