Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:02:56 PM EDT
Greetings,

I'm about to build my first AR and I was wondering if there is a good reference book, or web site, that explains the whole process.

Thanks,

Dave.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
it has been a while, but in the information section i think there are diagrams and few books.  i just reread feamster's "black magic - the ultra accurate ar 15 rifle" and still like it.  

if i knew of a book that contained as much good information as this site, i'd buy it.  

-septic tank
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Why buy a book, there are lots of places right here on this board that have outstanding reading and pictures for a build.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I have seen a lot of good info here.  I basically want an AR that I know inside and out.  I'm very concerned about safety and, especially, the state of the world right now.  I'm involved with a group that provides education on Radical Islam.  It's not the happiest topic these days.  

Anyway, didn't mean to go "off topic."  It's just that what I want in an AR is the best in reliability and serviceability.  In other words, if the S#*T hits the fan today, I want to know that I have an AR that I can rely on and that I can find parts for and repair myself.

Is that an achievable goal?  Anyone else think this way, or is it just me?

Dave.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top