Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:19:52 AM EDT
Doing my first build and its going smooth so far.

Lauer lower, DPMS lower parts kit, LMT Telescoping stock, Fixed mag kit.

I wanted to know what you guys would recommend for a upper?

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good things about both cmt ad lmt
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#2]
get the most expensive one
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you legally put an upper on that in CA?

Stag/CMT M4-type uppers are good quality and reasonably priced. (About $475 complete with bolt carrier assembly, charging handle and  ARMS #40 A2 flip up rear sight.)

LMTs are very nice, with a 1 in 7 twist, M4 feedramps, proper FSB, etc., but more expensive.

Bravo Company is now making some midlenghts that look pretty nice.

Talon Arms is also offering a very nice midlenght setup with a Sabre Defense barrel.

I'm trying to decide between the Bravo Company and Talon Arms midlength uppers for my next build.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:43:03 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be nice to know what you want to do with it !  carbine / rifle / varmint type stuff.

Blasting stuff?
target ?
hunting?
just want something to show your friends ?

Invisiblesoul
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I would like to build a carbine.
Of course something that looks nice but also has accuracy at the range.

I am also doing a additional build and would like it to be a target rifle, w/ nice scope, and bipod.

I am legally allowed to put the upper on my rifle because I have neutered it with the 10rd fixed mag.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#6]
knock on wood, i've never had an upper i was dissatisfied with.  there's a lot of b.s. running around about M4 ramps, but i've never had a dremmeled, non-dremmeled or GENUINE M4 feed ramp fail to feed when used with good mags...

HTH...

septic tank

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top