Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:14:37 PM EDT
Will any of the railed free float handguards fit over a Rock River 16 Varmint barrel and gas block?

I dont have it in front of me so I cant measure it and would appreciate any replies.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a YHM one piece 4-rail, and it's got such a @#$%& big inner diameter I bet it'll fit over anything. My caliper says 1.745 inches.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#2]
none will since you will have to get the bbl. nut on there first.

the freefloats like troy/samson/m.i. all require the std bbl. nut which will need the i.d. of it opened up so those wont work either.

the yhm uses its own bbl. nut which also needs to be opened up for the bull bbl. and the nut itself wont fit over the bbl. moreless the gas block.

why not get it done correctly?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:31:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me how to do it correctly and I might, Im new to this stuff and trying to put together this gun in my mind.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#4]
remove the gas block to install.

since most of the nicer "tactical" freefloats arent designed for the bull bbl. the barrel nut's i.d. is going to need opening to fit the bigger o.d. of the bbl. at the reciever.

go to the "build it yourself" forum and read the tacked threads to see if you feel comfortable with doing it yourself and then go from there.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:58:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The JP FFT will,  its good shit,  you can add/remove rails as needed.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The JP FFT will,  its good shit,  you can add/remove rails as needed.

www.hunt101.com/img/320209.JPG

that doesnt look like a bull barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:20:23 AM EDT
[#8]
'Preciate theoffer, I will keep you in mind when I get the parts together
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top