Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:52:18 AM EDT
For those of you who've built on a Stag receiver, using a Stag upper and lower and a Delton kit:

What would you change or what did you not like about the kit you received?  What part would you change  now if you could?

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:59:21 AM EDT
[#1]
the uppers come built.

everything else is fine considering its a kit.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The Del-Ton kit that I used for my first build was a top notch kit.  The customer service I got from Del-Ton was above the bar, and the quality of the kit itself was very good for the money.  I recommend Del-Ton to anybody building their first AR.  In fact I may have to order another kit from Del-Ton right now!
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Del-Ton kit that I used for my first build was a top notch kit.  The customer service I got from Del-Ton was above the bar, and the quality of the kit itself was very good for the money.  I recommend Del-Ton to anybody building their first AR.  In fact I may have to order another kit from Del-Ton right now!hr

+1 on everything he said.  I did my 1st build with Del-ton and couldnt be happier.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#4]
great kit
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I got my lower 1/2 from them. Stag Arms A2 Stock Lower. While not a kit, I got it in one piece and in a timely matter. Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I built mine on a DPMS lower with no problems.  If I could change something I would have paid 45 extra for the chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I'd get a different lpk. A RRA or Stag lpk is much nicer; for instance the roll pins are real roll pins. Other than that I'm happy with the kit.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]
More than satisfied with the company and kit as is.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:29:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I just recieved my 20" kit today.  I mounted it on a Superior arms lowed.  I really like it, except the stock is a dull grey color and does not match the rest of the rifle. I also had a problem with one roll pin being out of speck.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered two lower kits. A week later they were received. Fair to good components. First lower was assembled w/o any problems. On the second kit the detent springs (2) were missing. Called them on Monday, on Friday the missing components were in my mailbox. Good customer service.
I would use them again.

ACK
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I've had no real problems with my Del-ton kit and Stag lower.  My only real issue is the takedown pin is excessively tight.  

Some people can push theirs out with a bullet or they're finger; I need to use a punch and hammer. But it's more of an annoyance than an issue.

I would like to get a KNS anti-walk pin set, but I don't have any problems that would need one.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Have built three Del-ton kits, two w/ Stag lowers and one w/ DPMS...plan on building several more, I'm a sucker for a good product and GREAT customer service.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top