Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 4:30:57 AM EDT
Just bought a new stripped Stag receiver.  I first tried to install a TD Battlegrip, but had large receiver to grip gaps around the trigger (maybe 1/32").  I then tried an A2 grip.  Again, grip to frame fit is less than stellar, with a slight gap behind the trigger. When I install either grip without the grip screw, they fit fine, so I suspect that the grip screw hole is out of position. Anybody else experience a problem getting good frame to grip fit?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
post a picture
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Does the grip screw go in easily by itself?
If not ,clean threads.

Try another gip for fit - If it is still messed - return the receiver , not worth Dicking with.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought there is always a small gap behind the trigger guard and forward of the grip. Bushmaster even sells a part to fit there to fill the gap. Also, make sure the screw is going in straight. But if it doesn't work, try the grips on a diffeent lower. If that doesn't work, it's not the lower. If the grips do work, then return the lower.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:38:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I thought there is always a small gap behind the trigger guard and forward of the grip. Bushmaster even sells a part to fit there to fill the gap. Also, make sure the screw is going in straight. But if it doesn't work, try the grips on a diffeent lower. If that doesn't work, it's not the lower. If the grips do work, then return the lower.

You are thinking of the normal space behind the trigger guard pivot pin.  I'm saying that the grips don't fit flush with the edge of the receiver.  I tried three different grips (A2, A1, and TD) all of which fit fine on my Bushmaster lower.  I can't post pictures since I'm on duty, but I'm almost certain that the threaded hole for the grip screw is out of position.  This sucks since I had read such great things about the Stag fit and finish.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top