Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 5:26:16 PM EDT
hello all.  newbie here.  getting a lot of good info on this site.  but havent come across my condition yet so here goes.  im assembling my lower and the holes for the hammer and trigger pins are too large.  as in the pins will wobble vertically and horizontally when the hammer and trigger are operated.  rough estimate would be i.d. of holes is about .010" larger than o.d. of pins, leaving .005 on either side of pin.  short of replacing the lower, is there any way of repairing this dilemma???  I was considering making some type of steel buching to press into the lower but dont know how or if that would even help.  any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.  not really wanting to get another lower as im in NJ and they are kinda hard to come by, and if ordered by my local shop are overpriced.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:59:27 PM EDT
[#1]
is it a colt lower?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If it is a Colt large pin lower Bushmaster has the parts you need call them.

Don't fire this weapon as is!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top