Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 4:09:18 PM EDT
let me begin by saying that i'm excited and disappointed all in one. i got my 16"kit from m&a today and i first layed it all out to survey the parts. the first thing i noticed was the delta ring was scratched up, next the finish of the upper receiver was really shiny. i figured it was because of the oil on it so i found a clean rag and wiped off the excess. nope! still shiny, the finish was suppossed to be similar to that of my dpms lower. kinda flat looking, the upper looks like wal-mart semi gloss. i layed the parts out for thestripped lower and the rear detent spring for the takedown pin was not in the bag, panic filled me. i called m&a and spoke with "doc". let me say that if a company answers the phone they should feel obligated to help you, not tell you "we're closed call back tomorrow. if your closed don't answer the damn phone! i headed back to the box and low and behold there it was hiding in the crevice of the box. why wasn't it placed in the bag with the other parts. where is the quality control? enough bitchin after it all went together the only thing that didn't fit well was the pistol grip. tomorrow i will see about firing the weapon. i guess it's a good thing i plan on building other ar's so i can give this one to the wife to beat up
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah,my model1sales upper is glossy compared to the Stag lower, kinda sucks.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:57:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yeah,my model1sales upper is glossy compared to the Stag lower, kinda sucks.

Interesting...my Model-1 upper matches my Stag lower perfectly, like they came from the same finisher.

Give the whole thing a wipedown w/ CLP, dry off all the excess, and see if things don't match up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah it sucks , but i'm trying to convince myself that it's a rifle and not a picaso. gives me a good exuse to pass it by the wife that i need a new one. hehehe!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a 16" M4 kit 2 years ago from them.

It wasn't pretty either.

Now, it's my go-to gun if I feel like I might be a little rough on a gun. It has been getting beat on since then with a handful of hiccups.

I'm building from the ground up now and won't buy another kit.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I bought a 16" M4 kit 2 years ago from them.

It wasn't pretty either.

Now, it's my go-to gun if I feel like I might be a little rough on a gun. It has been getting beat on since then with a handful of hiccups.

I'm building from the ground up now and won't buy another kit.

WIZZO

This one is a much darker black,it almost makes the Stag lower appear grey.My AK is my go to gun,just toss it behind the seat with no worries of geting banged up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the finish of the upper receiver was really shiny. i figured it was because of the oil on it so i found a clean rag and wiped off the excess. nope! still shiny, the finish was suppossed to be similar to that of my dpms lower.

That sucks.

My "DCM" match upper was flawless and a perfect finish match to my Fulton ARmory lower.

It shoots better than I can hold.

Tim
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I had that same problem on a M1S kit on a DPMS lower, after the first day of shooting (about 160 rounds) it must have heated up and burned of or dryed on whatever oil / grease they are putting on them at their shop. It matches almost perfect now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]
mine is starting to lighten up a bit also.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Devil dog - go out and throw it across the yard - then when you pics it up it will be broken in.
Just the old ones we had in the Corps.

Don't baby it - I know you had an old beater rifle  in the SUCK  

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got my first AR kit (mid-length) last week from M&A. Their mid-length is said to be a RRA and I used a RRA stripped lower so all matched up well. The grip was hard to install but I thought that was just me. I've found time to put 40 rounds 223 Winchester white box w/out a problem. This AR stuff is a HOOT! Hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Where did you hear the RRA / M&A mid-length uppers were the same?, thats a new one to me.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Where did you hear the RRA / M&A mid-length uppers were the same?, thats a new one to me.

M&A Parts gets their middy uppers from RRA. The newer ones even have the RRA crosshair on the upper.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M&A Parts gets their middy uppers from RRA. The newer ones even have the RRA crosshair on the upper.

WIZZO

Now if they would just get some chromed chambers and bores.....
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Yep, my sentiments exactly.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:04:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks, I had no idea M&A was getting their mid length parts from Rock River. Hmm,,, sounds like an excuse for me to buy something
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I read they got there stuff from LMT.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WIZZO

Yep, my sentiments exactly.

WIZZO

I emailed them and they only have one or two barrels with chrome,WTF? They are missing a large share of the market without chrome.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I read they got there stuff from LMT.

That's where they get everything else.

The Middies come from RRA and they have some of the name brand LMT uppers. The rest of their stuff is supposedly second-tier LMT (as in, LMT cherry-picks the good stuff for the uppers with their logo on them and leaves the crappier looking ones to M&A).

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top