Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 5:57:08 AM EDT
I know almost everyone here builds or modifies their ARs, but where does a "gunsmith" come into play here?  Do you need a FFL 01, which states "gunsmith activities," to do certain things?  If you do need a FFL 01 for gunsmithing, what type of things is it intended for?  In other words, what can a licensed Gunsmith do that a civy can't????

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:06:25 AM EDT
[#1]
FFL holding gunsmiths can ship and receive firearms from their home/place of business.  They must also keep records on every firearm they receive for service, etc..  I believe you can build anything that is legal to own if you use a serial numbered lower receiver which was transferred to you or legally purchased.  I do not believe that any laws exist which state that certain aspects of building firearms must be done by a gunsmith or FFL holder unless you plan on building to sell.

I am attempting to get an FFL for non AR15 related gunsmithing and this is what I  have been told.  If anyone has better info, please correct me.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top