Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:48:08 AM EDT
Who makes the the fake silencers that are atleast 5 inches in length? Also what are the reviews and could I possibly see any pictures of how they look for a build I would like to do when I return home. It will be a first for me to build and I have seen a few through out the posts but have found nothing specific on the silencer look alikes.
Der
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Try these guys they have a couple of different ones
http://mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/m4-fake.htm
http://mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/socom-unv.htm
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Those don't work with 5.56 do they?
Der
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those don't work with 5.56 do they?
Der

They work with anything give them a call. great to deal with and they will set you up with anything you want
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've read of and seen a pic of an Advanced Armament unit called the imitator. I guess you have to call them as it's not listed on their website.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
i will say it again, why?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Why Not ?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:27:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:46:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:51:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

I don’t want to speak for Raven_Fire, but he’s probably wondering the same thing I am – what is the practical purpose for having a fake suppressor?  I assume it will add weight.  If it is attached to your barrel it is affecting barrel harmonics.  I just see nothing positive from a functional perspective.   Some of us on here are more concerned with function over form.      

YMMV

nope, your right on track, and usually people end up putting them on cut down barrels wasting valuable velocity inducing inch's. In the case of TRG putting a real can on is a different story, and makes this MI resident jealous.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:16:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

I don’t want to speak for Raven_Fire, but he’s probably wondering the same thing I am – what is the practical purpose for having a fake suppressor?  I assume it will add weight.  If it is attached to your barrel it is affecting barrel harmonics.  I just see nothing positive from a functional perspective.   Some of us on here are more concerned with function over form.      

YMMV

nope, your right on track, and usually people end up putting them on cut down barrels wasting valuable velocity inducing inch's. In the case of TRG putting a real can on is a different story, and makes this MI resident jealous.

Seen a pic of mine?

www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/beer005.JPG

TRG

Yes sir I have. I am still waiting for my "hold my beer and watch this" accessory
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:23:14 AM EDT
[#12]
How does that "tactical beverage holder" effect your accuracy?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:24:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Also a Disgruntled MI resident here. Patiently waiting for MI to loosen up a bit on NFA.

Personally I wouldnt want a fake suppressor. I would hate to have to defend myself - "no officer its fake" Hahaha

Pick up a Cheaper than Dirt Magazine, there are a ton of fake suppressors in there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

YMMV

(To each his own) with that said its all about what you want not about what everybody else thinks if you want accuracy get a bolt gun. I dont plan on shooting benchrest with my ar's my bolt guns are all custom built by me and they all shoot in the .2's and better. There are some of us that like the look of suppressed ar's and thats all we want are looks so like i said before (to each his own)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Understood.  You are more concerned with things looking cool.  Functionality takes a backseat.  The guys on here (myself included) who are more interested in functionality and less worried about appearance sometimes don't understand the "coolness factor" crowd.  (I mean no offense by that, so please don't take it that way.)  That's why we sometimes ask questions like "why would you want xxx?"   Like you said, to each his own.  

CT allows suppressors.  Why not get a real one?  The AAC M4-2000 is a wonderful can.  I love mine.

Maybe one day i will  (no offense taken)
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How does that "tactical beverage holder" effect your accuracy?

It improves accuracy.   Beerholder action vid, see for yourself...

www.tvcc.edu/faculty/ballen/bump.mpg

TRG

Too funny! It is however very tactical, and practical!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:46:20 PM EDT
[#19]
That "Tactical Can Holder" ABSOLUTELY made my night.....   too funny.  I thought I'd just read the thread to laugh about "fake suppressors"...  but you elevated it to a whole new level !!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:41:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I think to really increase the accuracy of the "Tactical Beverage Holder" you need to install it on a Free Float Hand Guard.  Now if you come up with a Tac Beverage Holder on one side an a Cuban Cigar Holder on the other side, you have my business.  In fact I have quite a few shooting buddies at the local Cigar Shop that would buy as well.

MadDog
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

YMMV

(To each his own) with that said its all about what you want not about what everybody else thinks if you want accuracy get a bolt gun. I dont plan on shooting benchrest with my ar's my bolt guns are all custom built by me and they all shoot in the .2's and better. There are some of us that like the look of suppressed ar's and thats all we want are looks so like i said before (to each his own)

damn, talk about Functionality, a gun that always shoots. 2's and they guy that can do it. guess i will se you next year in the winners circle at camp perry.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:58:48 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

YMMV

damn, talk about Functionality, a gun that always shoots. 2's and they guy that can do it. guess i will se you next year in the winners circle at camp perry.

I dont see where i said always shoots in the .2's  so maybe you should read a bit better before being a smart ass!The rifles that shoot in the .2's are my custom bolt action rifles not my ar's  

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:27:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Alright, this is my reasonsing. I am currently deployed and I order a barrel that was under my states legal limit. My states law says I can own the barrel as long as it hasnt been attached or is ever going to be, so in order to make it state legal I have to attach the fake silencer to the end and bring it to legal length. Yes, I know I should have checked the state laws first but I didnt even think of it. So when I get home I would like to be able to fire it and put it with a lower and so fourth. Same reason I will have to get one for the MP5 variant I would like to get someday. I think with the frames they are on a barrel that extends far exceeding the end of the handguards looks, IMHO sort or redundant to the weapons purposes.
Der
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:31:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought the Bushmaster 11.5 barrel. Thanks to this site I have found out more about civilian AR laws. No matter where I am I try to abide by my states gun laws so when I do come back I dont have anything to worry about. I am origionaly from Michigan, yeah they have messed up gun laws. I would greatly appreciate any advice on what I would use to bring it up to par with my state. Thank you for your comments.
Der
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why Not ?

YMMV

I dont see where i said always shoots in the .2's  so maybe you should read a bit better before being a smart ass!The rifles that shoot in the .2's are my custom bolt action rifles not my ar's  

I did read it, very impressed, if you can both build and shoot several of your custom made bolt guns that you built at .2 moa I would like to have you come out to our club and show the rest of us what we are doing wrong. I don’t think most of the guys we sent to camp Perry are that good. Please send me an im if you would be available.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top