Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:07:05 PM EDT
Was thinking of building a another AR, flat top carbine, but using all DPMS parts, Lower, Upper, etc...

Is there any issues with DPMS as far as Quality, Fit, and Function of their parts?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I built (my friend built for me) one about a month ago, the parts went together easily and the fit was tight and well matched. It was the AP4 flat-top carbine and I am very happy with it, a great shooter. I havent actually been able to check MOA yet due to various reasons, mainly I am a bad shot but I will give it a try when I hook up my bipod.
(FYI) Honestly I bought a kit because I thought I was going to save money but there wasn't too much of a savings at all.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#2]
My DPMS AP4 upper fit well with RRA lower.  My LPK was also DPMS.  Haven't encountered any problem yet.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:21:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a dpms kit and put it together, still haven't even put a hundred rounds through it yet, but it shoots very well so far, the fit and finish are immaculate, and I couldn't be happier.  THe only problem I encountered was that the hammer spring was too weak, but I bent it with pliers a little and now it works fine.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top