Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 9:16:33 AM EDT
I'm considering ordering this rail system and I wanted to know how easy it would be to install it alone. I'll have a handguard removal tool and I wanted to know if I'll need anything else.

Since I have a Bushmaster, I assume to order the non-Colt type endcap version, correct?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been considering the same purchase, I however do not  have the handgaurd tool which makes it alot harder on my bushy.  I will IM somebody who may know how difficult these are.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Holy Smokes!!!! that was super fast .  thanks for the responce and I will be in touch soon!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Great reply/post. Thank you!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I did it myself without the handguard tool.  I just unscrewed the rear cap that fits under the delta ring.  Then slipped the cap under the delta ring and the the front of the hand guard under the front cap on the front site.  Then Screwed the back to the cap under the delta ring.  Hopefully this isnt too confusing.  It went in really easy that way.  I did however twist the allen wrench a little while unscrewing the screws as the were loc-tited down.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Any info on how well optics hold up on these or if it is advisable, I have a bushy A2 that I would love to put and EOTECH on, but I am not overly found of the gooseneck mount to the carry handle due to the space between the front of the goose neck and the hand guard.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be very interested to learn how stable they are as I would like to mount my reddot to the top of this as well.  is there a backup system like screws to stabilize the platform?

Pic Request for an A2 please
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:15:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I can say this; if it works with any sighting system Paul has won my sale (when I can afford it) due to his unbelievably quick response to my questions. It took maybe 3 minutes for him to respond.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:22:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I managed to install mine by myself, without tools. You just gotta make sure to line up the barrel nut teeth right.

My rail is *literally* motionless. I have absolute confidence in mounting optics on it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I managed to install mine by myself, without tools. You just gotta make sure to line up the barrel nut teeth right.

My rail is *literally* motionless. I have absolute confidence in mounting optics on it.

u have pictures ? thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

u have pictures ? thanks

Nothing specifically pertaining to installation or optics mounting, but..

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:54:55 AM EDT
[#15]
looks good thanks !!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Got mine set up last week...
Bought bravo's rail covers and offset mount for the light
This was my first AR build so to say install was easy, means it was for a complete novice like me.
The guys at bravo are GREAT. I orginally ordered the non-extended rails...got an email from them the next day announcing the new extended rail. Called 'em & their + attitude made it absolutely hassle-free to upgrade.

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/1041/sbr6ao.jpg
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top