Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 9:18:30 AM EDT
I have a mid length from saber, and a 14.5 from bushmaster, and I can't get the gas tubes even started into the FSB on either one.  This is my first attempt at putting an ar together.  I thought the gas tube would just slide in.  I am scared to attack it with pliers or hammers because it looks like you could crimp it pretty easy.  Is there a secret?

On an unrelated note, my front sight tool won't fit between the ears of either FSB.  Is that unusual?

TIA for any suggestions you might have.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It might/might not just slide in (lube it up reall well first ).
You might have to push it in, but the amount of forced needed should not bend/break the tube.

That or your FSB is not made to specs and is too narrow.

To make you feel better I had trouble getting the gas tube out...
Aftermath

Edit: some editing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:56:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I had one FSB where the tube was very tight going in, but most of them, it slides in with little or no effort.  Kinda like the women I've known  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top