Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:50:20 AM EDT
Hey guys... thought I would start a KG GunKote thread since there seems to be a Norrells one also. Actually after looking at all the photos and reading the threads maybe we should have a refinishing forum and break it down to Blue, Park, Duracoat, KG and Norrells ??

I ordered 3 pints of GunKote yesterday and am really excited after seeing so many of the photos on the board. I actually have a beat up non matching parts M1 that I would like to refinish, while replacing the stock last night I checked out how it would fit in the oven and it's a bit too large. If I heat it up with a heat gun (not a hair dryer, I have a heat gun used to remove paint and tile) that should take care of preheat but what do you think of a truck for the oven.

I have an old abandoned Blazer in my driveway that I have not got rid of in years, it is black and I live in South Florida and the windshield is facing the sun for the better half of the hottest times in the day. I have a remote thermometer I can stick in there if needed but do you think a full day or two in that oven would be enough ? Heat index outside yesteday was 110 degrees, actual temps were at about 97. I am guessing the inside temperature should be at least 180 degreess for that truck in the sun. I don't know if a cooling off period (overnight) would make a difference or not, heck I am in no rush I can leave it in there for 4 or more days if necessary.

Rich
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:04:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It will cure slower at 180.  Stick it in there for 2-3 days.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top