Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:23:18 PM EDT
Are there any good DVD's out ther that detail the disassembly and assembly of the AR15? Do you guys have any reccomendations?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Bushmaster's sounds like a good one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Bushmaster's sounds like a good one.

+1, they spend most of the time on building the lower and some on the upper, Mostly the A2 rear sight assembly.
AGIs DVD spends more time on accessories and troubleshooting. At least they do on my FAL disc.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Is this the one you guys are talking about?

www.bushmaster.com/shopping/gunsmith/ads-002.asp
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

yep. The first time you build one as your watching the DVD you go holy crap that was easy
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The AGI one is pretty good. Check out the preview and see if it looks like something you'd like.
www.americangunsmith.com/
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I find  the AGI video to be worthwhile, but a little dated.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep. The first time you build one as your watching the DVD you go holy crap that was easy

+1 on this comment.  I couldn't believe I'd been farming out lower builds for all these years.  

The AGI videos, in general, are quite informative.  HOWEVER, some of the gunsmiths featured are horrifically hard to listen to.  The SIG pistol AGI video is especially bad.  My wife's droning on about my ammo story age room is less painful than listening to this guy.  

Anyhow, start with the bushmaster video.  It works well or the basics.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top