Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 10:41:07 AM EDT
Hi people.         i'm in the mkt for a new 16" bbl for my m4,I:m looking for a 1-8 twist so i can fire low and hi grn bullet"s.Any recomendation"s .I"m thinking a bout an oly sum ultramatch!!!!!.         thanx for any suggestion"s
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:22:25 AM EDT
[#1]
If you don't plan to shoot mil-surplus 5.56, it will be a great choice.  I've had a few different SUM barrels and they have all been much more accurate than I am.

I don't think you can get a SUM M4 barrel, but you can get a SS-M4 barrel, and I have used those as well.  They have been good shooters also.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:42:46 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want 1/8 then you can get a RRA/Wilson heavy Stainless barrel that will have a Wylde chamber so you can shoot either 5.56 or .223.  It'll be plenty accurate.  Of course, if you want a really nice M4 barrel then I reccomend CMMG.  They have a "Mod4" barrel that is 5.56 chambered, chrome lined 1/7 twist.  You can shoot anything out of that barrel.  Leupold Scope + South African surplus 5.56 @ 85ish yards yielded sub-moa groups through mine.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
-Thank you guy"s The oly bbl i have now  is at the end of it"s life and  will   not even shoot the l.c. mil-spec i have a whole f**king case of,so i"m looking for a reasonable priced quality bbl.Appreciate that
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Why won't it shoot it?  

What has happened to the barrel to make it that bad?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it chrome-lined?

How many rounds are down the pipe?

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Wizzo_stick.Yea it"s chromed linrd.It, has about 20k thru it.Even when i shoot it'A favorite ammo off the bench the group"s are slowly spreading out wider and wider,
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top