Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 10:54:41 AM EDT
How close is the finish and match to an RRA Lower?  I am wanting to get either a CMT or a White Oaks T marked upper to finish my Sopmod build.  Anyone have pictures or experiences?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#1]
They should match really well, if you worry about these things. They are made the same place, RRA contracts to CMT.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I think RRA does their own finishing though-my stag lowers did not match my RRA lower

I didn't know that. Good info.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:31:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The CMT uppers are pretty black.  Almost jet black in appearance.  Still VERY nice uppers.  Not too sure on the WOA uppers as I have never seen one in person.  Probably wouldn't be able to tell between the upper and lower shades of black if they differ a little.  Now if you asked if the CMT uppers match with say a Colt lower, then no.  You can distinguish the color difference between those two very well. (black upper, dark gray lower).  Still looks nice to me tho.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#5]
So I understand it's a good upper, but does it match RRA?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#6]
It should.

I'll know for sure today or tomorrow.

I have an M4-cut CMT upper coming from Bravo Co. and it's going on a RRA lower I have sitting around. If you want, I'll post pics when it gets here.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:07:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It should.

I'll know for sure today or tomorrow.

I have an M4-cut CMT upper coming from Bravo Co. and it's going on a RRA lower I have sitting around. If you want, I'll post pics when it gets here.

WIZZO

Yeah, that'd be great.  Tell me your opinion of it too.  Is it T-marked?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So I understand it's a good upper, but does it match RRA?

There is as much chance that it will match as that it won't.  Anodizing done in different batches will look different.  Additionally, it could look good today, but look different in a month or a year.  Anodizing can change color as it ages or depending on what chemicals and oils you put on it.

I'd not worry about it too much.  It will be close enough.  If not, send it back until you get one you like.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:40:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes, it'll be t-marked.

If you look in the EE for CMT uppers, you'll know as much as I do about it right now.

Mine is gonna have M4 ramps for the Sabre barrel I'm getting.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, it came today and I threw it on the lower. A little snug the first 2 or 3 times, but it actually doesn't fit bad at all (as in tight like RRA is known for)

CMT upper/RRA lower with flash.

CMT upper/RRA lower w/o flash.

It matches really well, but I haven't had a chance to clean it up some. I unwrapped it when it came at noon, but I had to go and run tractor for my dad, so I didn't get a chance to clean it up much. I am more than pleased with it and will keep them in mind for future builds, along with Bravo Co.

Paul hooked me up and got this to me pretty quick and I'm really happy I bought it through him.

Hope this helps you decide.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:09:07 PM EDT
[#11]
good match !!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 10:31:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a build project with the same components.  Looks good.  And remember, DuraCoat is your friend.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top