Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:38:16 AM EDT
Hello,

I was wondering if there's any real difference in accuracy between WOA and -say- RRA or Bushmaster barrels. I'm building a Mk12 Mod0 and since I'm a bit low on dough I thought about cuttin' a fw corners.

Are there any good custom barrel manufacturers who offer resonably priced barrels?

Thanks a ton guys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:52:52 AM EDT
[#1]
One difference right off is twist rate.  I don't think RRA makes anything 1/7.  I think their stainless barrels are all 1/8, while the WOA SPR is 1/7.  1/8 is a very good twist rate, though, and I've often planned on reprofiling one of RRA's varminter barrels to some lighter profile and building something out of that.

I have detected a small, underground movement to 1/8 twist barrels.  In fact last month or the month before, I saw someone advertising a chrome lined 1/8 twist barrel - the first I've ever seen.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top