Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 11:35:47 AM EDT
I am doing a complete build up. I finished the complete lower and then tried to mount the stripped upper for the heck of it. It didnt want to fit, nor did a factory Bushmaster I tried. They both mount in the front pin but will not close all the way. I think either the rear upper lug needs to be filed down or the inside of the lower needs to be filed. Any suggestions as to which or how to do it? Or am I missing somthing?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Its tight, and its no big deal.  Push your front pin in first, then tap your rear pin in place.  Eventually, after you have fired a bunch of rounds through it, it will be looser. If you file, or modify things now, it will be super loose later.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick,
Its real tight. Im not sure I would be able to open it up after... Or are you saying that when you close it, it will wear away what it needs to?
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#3]
You will probably have to tap it together,and tap it back out.  

If you want to speed the process up a bit, you can sit and tap the rear pin in and out while watching TV.  You can feel it start to loosen up after awhile doing this.  

Otherwise, it will loosen up as it is fired.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Especally if it's a RockRiver Lower , they are tight at rear take down pin area . Put a little clp on the lug and push it in after first installing the front pin , as was said above .
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
My 3 Stags were all tight in the rear pin area.

What brand lower?

ETA: don't mess with fitting the lower to the upper, fit the upper to the lower. IMO.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:02:31 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys I figured it out.. I just opened and closed it alittle at a time about 100 times and it just worked itself in there..
Thanks
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top