Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:24:35 PM EDT
I went camping for a week and just got back to find a shiny new barrel had arrived at my house!

I put the baby on and tada my first ever AR-15 build is complete

Here it is

Close up of my WOA barrel and phantom flash suppressor

And lastly me sightin it in

I had a bunch of junky Wolf ammo laying around so I used that. Even using that junk I got 3 of 5 shots grouped in 3in. at 200yards after getting it sighted in...this is with iron sights so I was pretty pleased. I can't wait to see it's accuaracy when I make some handloads and get my FF handguard on it! I'll also be changing out the upper for an A3 and putting a Super Sniper scope on it.

All I can say is I'm totally hooked on the black rifle.

Good times.

For a first build what do you guys think? Also I'd like to thank all you guys here for helping me out...I've learned ALOT.

P.S. Its a Bushmaster A2 stock, Bushmaster A2 upper, RRA lower, RRA LPK(with the 15 minute trigger job..works great), RRA enhanced bolt, RRA charging handle, WOA CMP match barrel 1:7 twist, Phantom flash suppressor.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice choice for a first build!  Lately I've become a "Born-Again" Stainless convert.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice lookin' rig.

My current project needs a stainless barrel.  Where did you get the WOA barrel?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:12:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the barrel straight from WOA.
www.whiteoakarmament.com/index.htm

Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#4]
It really needs to have a free floated handguard, its somewhat a waste of the WOA barrel when your useing a normal handguard.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:36:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It really needs to have a free floated handguard, its somewhat a waste of the WOA barrel when your useing a normal handguard.

I totally agree!

Unfortunately I'm a college student and on a tight budget so I don't always have the funds to do what i want. That being said I'm getting a ff handguard as soon as I can.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:38:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree!

Unfortunately I'm a college student and on a tight budget so I don't always have the funds to do what i want. That being said I'm getting a ff handguard as soon as I can.

I feel your pain
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:32:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree!

I feel your pain

+1, but I splurge after my summer job before I have to worry about buying books....who needs those anyway

Looks good, BTW

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Send me your 'junky' wolf ammo.  I'd be glad to have it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Sweet!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:51:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Send me your 'junky' wolf ammo.  I'd be glad to have it.

Hehe I have no trouble shooting it. I just don't expect it to be very accurate. Its the 2 dollar a box steel case stuff which is why I call it junk. Does Wolf make any quality ammo...all I've ever seen is the steel case 55grain stuff? I'm saying its junk yet I haven't really tried any other ammo such as the winchester white box ammo so maybe I shouldn't be so hard on the Wolf.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:54:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree!

I feel your pain

+1, but I splurge after my summer job before I have to worry about buying books....who needs those anyway

Looks good, BTW

WIZZO

Hehe ya books are totally overrated...I find sharing books with some of the ladies in my classes is much more affordable and fun. hehe
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:05:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Very nice looking set up, congrats on your 1st build
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:22:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice job, r4ngar! Looks great!

curious.

was your barrel ready for replacement or did you go stainless for other reasons?

and for the un-initiated on SS barrels, do you need to finish them?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:12:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

curious.

was your barrel ready for replacement or did you go stainless for other reasons?

Thank you

About your question I'm not exactly sure what your asking. I ordered the barrel from WOA and they made it when I ordered it. When it was complete they shipped it to me and all I had to do was put it on my upper. It was no different than any other barrel its just SS. I'm not sure if you knew this or not but this is my first build so this was my first barrel. I went SS for the added accuracy and plus thats just what WOA sells. Hope that answered your questions.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:25:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No need to refinish a SS barrel unless for some reason it offends you.  I've got a few different SS barrels, and none look like it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice rifle.........now get a haircut you hippy.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Haha no way! I'll have to cut it and fall in line soon enough...I've got to enjoy it as long as I can.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Damn you beat me to it Nice rifle
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:23:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Good looking build. I blasted up 200 rounds of Wolf .45 ACP a few days ago and was shocked at the accuracy. Five targets, five big holes.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#20]
looks good!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:00:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I totally agree!

Well, YHM is the budget builder's choice.  I've got 4 of 'em....2 of the lightweights, and two of the customizable ones.  Unfortunately, rifle length is the most expensive.  That's why I've got 6 carbines and only one 20"er
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm gonna save my money and get the LaRue 12in. It's the one I really want so I'm just gonna save all my nickles and dimes untill I can buy that guy.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
curious.

Thank you

"..... I went SS for the added accuracy and plus thats just what WOA sells.
Hope that answered your questions.

Yes, it does.

I just wasn't sure wheter you upgraded your barrel because your original barrel was worn out, or whether you were seeking increased accuracy...........which the SS delivers.

Kudos for taking on your first barrel job.....quite successfully.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top