Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2005 6:42:04 AM EDT
Are there any online build/teardown guides for the A2 rear sight? I just bought a used colt A2 large hole and the rear sight is rusty from piss poor storage. I know there are lots of little tiny pieces that will go flying when I start drifting out roll pins........
Also is there a large hole adapter than I can buy so this will work on my existing small hole lower? So I don't have to remove my existing takedown pin........
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 6:45:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Bushing for fitting large hole upper onto small pin lower:

Link
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what I went off when putting together a couple of A2s.  Why replace it?  Just take it off, get
off all the rust and paint it with some flat black paint.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is what I went off when putting together a couple of A2s.  Why replace it?  Just take it off, get

www.ar15.com/content/guides/parts/upperReceiver.gif

I wasn't going to replace it. Take it off, strip it and park it. Thanks for the breakdown, should be able to handle it now......Don't happen to have the part names handy do you?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Just be careful taking it apart.  Those ball detents have the ability to travel a long way.  You'd be surprised how far I've seen them travel - I'd have thought they had the ability to travel through walls.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.ar15.com/content/guides/parts/upperReceiver.gif

I wasn't going to replace it. Take it off, strip it and park it. Thanks for the breakdown, should be able to handle it now......
Don't happen to have the part names handy do you?

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/Schematics/SchemMFg.aspx?schemid=814
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's a step by step guide for disassembly/reassembly.

Rear sights should start at page 163 I believe.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top