Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 12:41:01 AM EDT
Who sells them?....I've looked at a few sites but none were offering OD green stocks/float tubes/grips.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Try looking at a few vendors in our Industry Forum.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:23:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Industy or EE.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The free float tube will probably give you the most trouble.  When I'm looking for colors, I've simply done the work myself.  It has been an easy task, and always held up well.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Armalite sells green freefloat tubes, very light fiberglass.

For metal freefloat tubes, you will have to Moly Resin them yourself.

Armalite, Cavalry Arms (I think they make Armalite's now), Rock River Arms, J&T all have OD furniture available for sale.  Cav actually molds theirs themselves.

Here is a picture of an upper receiver I coated with Moly Resin as per Stickman's instructions, along with OD furniture from Armalite:

and assembled:

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
how much does the moly resin kit cost and how difficult is it to do?  is it like a one shot deal? which site has them?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
how much does the moly resin kit cost and how difficult is it to do?  is it like a one shot deal? which site has them?

Take a look at this write up, if you have any questions afterwards, feel free to email me direct, or post it here.

Pre-Ban.com AR15 Norrells refinishing (for under $50) guide

click here for OD green pic
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:25:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I was just on Hogue's web site (www.getgrip.com) and was surprised to see that they have green tubes in both rifle and carbine length.  Check out the pic on the web site, looks cool.  The problem may be that the distributors don't stock slow movers like green parts.  I can get stuff direct from them as an FFL.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:33:03 PM EDT
[#8]
i second moly resin. Great stuff.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top