Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2004 6:58:24 PM EDT
Hey guys I am wondering if any of you "builders" have utilized SS buffers in your builds?   I went in to the local parts barn earlier in the week asking for a heavy buffer, what was brought out was a "heavy buffer" it is SS and I was told that it is utilized for "auto operations", I would imagine that due to its increased weight that it would reduce the cycling speed(rate) of the bolt carrier assembly?  Just looking for input on it's use in a semi only weapon plateform.  Thanks for any info given.

Scorpion34 OUT!
Link Posted: 12/22/2004 7:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, I ended up with one exactly like yours.

I'll try to get it weighed and figure what it comes in at.  With the difference in weight, it should be felt in the firing.  

Let me know if you want to go shooting on thursday.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you ever get a chance to weigh yours and  figure out what it comes in at?
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top