Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 2:41:41 PM EDT
The buffer I have from RRA has an H on it. I did not order a heavy buffer. When I called, the response was it was a normal buffer but they recieved some with the H on them. What should a normal CAR buffer weigh? I think I read the heavies were 5.5 ounces.

Is felt recoil different between the different buffers? Sorry, if this has been answered before, I didn't find much on it in a search.hug.gif
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received a RRA M4 stock from Eagle Firearms the other day. My buffer doesn't have any marking on it at all. I wonder what the H is for.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Run to the post office and weigh it.  The clerk will do it for you.

"H" should run approx 3.8,  std CAR is approx 2.7/2.9

9mm buffer is typically 5.5ox, thats fine, it slight more than std rifle at 5.2oz

You should not be able to detect any recoil difference, only the rifle itself will when running full-auto does buffer weight come into play as to cycle rate.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:35:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you. Will try it today.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:40:31 AM EDT
[#4]
If its a real H buffer, then you should feel lucky since many believe it to be a worthwhile upgrade to carbines. It helps to slow down the action a little, which helps with recoil/muzzle climb and reduces wear&tear on the rifle.

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:51:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I run "H" buffers in all my carbines.

Here is some buffer info.

www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/buffers/
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If its a real H buffer, then you should feel lucky since many believe it to be a worthwhile upgrade to carbines. It helps to slow down the action a little, which helps with recoil/muzzle climb and reduces wear&tear on the rifle.

Ditto.  Have 'em in my carbines.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top