Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2004 10:35:24 AM EDT
Plane Jane right now. Built it post ban but now that the ban is gone I am changing it here and there. Going to start out with a CAR stock and then a pre-ban barrel.

The kit is by J&T with a Shaw 1x9 twist, chrome moly match Hbar barrel

The lower is DPMS forged.

YHM rear sight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/bigwill88/myar.jpg
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Looking good man!

How did you like the DPMS Lower?

What Internal Parts did you use?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:08:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the lower. I have had 0 problems with it and I have put about 450 rounds through it so far. As far as the internal parts i just used what came with the kit from J&T. I will put a 2 stage trigger in later on once I got a little cash.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah....I got a good price on the lower from Guns-n-Stuff. Got it for $100. They also sell the DPMS cast lowers for about $70 but I wanted to go with a better quality part
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.  I hope you enjoyed putting it together.  Kinda really makes it yours, doesn't it.

I am going to make some predictions here.

First, you are going to change the stock.
Secondly, you are going to change the trigger.
Thirdly, you will change the plastic grip to a hogue grip.
Fourth, you will get an Aimpoint CompC.
Fifth, you will get a four rail surefire fore end.
Sixth, you will get a vertical fore grip.

After all that, you are going to look at all the parts you have laying around and decide that it will not be too expensive to build a 20 inch.  

At the point when you place the order for that 20 inch, you will officially have the disease (BRD).
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
You might want to keep the barrel but just get it threaded.  This would save you some cash.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You might want to keep the barrel but just get it threaded.  This would save you some cash.

didnt know you could do this. any places you know of that will do a good job? And about how much cash we talking?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

didnt know you could do this. any places you know of that will do a good job? And about how much cash we talking?

ADCO does thish.gifhug.gif
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ADCO does thish.gifhug.gifhr

googled it and only got stuff for paintball
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Look in the 'INDUSTRY' forum.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Big-Will, the rifle looks great, but I think you are getting the beginnings of the BRD

Quoted:
Looks good.  I hope you enjoyed putting it together.  Kinda really makes it yours, doesn't it.

I am going to make some predictions here.

First, you are going to change the stock.
Secondly, you are going to change the trigger.
Thirdly, you will change the plastic grip to a hogue grip.
Fourth, you will get an Aimpoint CompC.
Fifth, you will get a four rail surefire fore end.
Sixth, you will get a vertical fore grip.

After all that, you are going to look at all the parts you have laying around and decide that it will not be too expensive to build a 20 inch.  

At the point when you place the order for that 20 inch, you will officially have the disease (BRD).

Damn, you have me nailed on the spot, although I got the Aimpoint a bit earlier through a fellow ARFCOMer who decided he would rather have an ACOG  I decided that with all the spare parts, all I would have to get is a Bushy no ban gov't profile 20" barrel assembly and be done with it.  Well...I didn't really like the way the barrel fit in the upper, so I just had to get a new one.  While I was at it, RB Precision had a killer deal on a B/BC/CH package deal, so I got that too.  Now, I'm up to enough spare parts to completely assemble a new rifle
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#12]
nice!

now you really need a FLASHIDER!!!!!!
and mags and ammo

next, houge or tango down grip; m-4 collapseable stock (cause it is a carbine);

maybe a: bayo lug and tac latch

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Any places yall know of that will thread the barrel for a good price?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:27:53 PM EDT
[#14]
ADCO
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah im gonna send it off to adco and let them thread it.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top