Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 3:52:38 PM EDT
I am putting together my first AR with info from this truly excellent sight. And since I can, I want a bayonet to attach to my new rifle. What is a good one?

I guess whatever is issued to the Marines would be good enough for me. Do they still issue bayonets? Where can I buy this item for a good price? I want US made.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought an M9 off of ebay for about $100.

M-9 Bayonet

The older ones, I think M-7? can be had for about $20
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:05:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Colt Solingen made M7 bayonet from CDNN for $30...  It is one of the worst blades I have ever seen.  Poorly cut, part of the edge is missing near the tip.

Is this normal?  Should I return it or is this what you should expect from a $30 pigsticker...
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I bought a Colt Solingen made M7 bayonet from CDNN for $30...  It is one of the worst blades I have ever seen.  Poorly cut, part of the edge is missing near the tip.

Is this normal?  Should I return it or is this what you should expect from a $30 pigsticker...

I purchased a M7 Colt , Made By Eickhorn In Soligen Germany with scabbard. New in Wrap from CDNN. I sharpened it up. Can DAMN near Shave with it. Blade is PERFECT. I liked it so much,that I ordered another. It came in perfect too.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 5:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Return it.  Mine is perfect like chaos4570 says above.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top