Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2004 4:53:51 PM EDT
I have purchased a Model 1 16" CAR kit.

Which lower receiver would you recommend that I get? There are so many different ones, I'm not sure who to go with. I want a decent one, but not too awfully expensive.

I'd also like people's experiences with Model 1 kits. I've already got mine, but I'm curious how others turned out.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as a lower to buy, get you a milspec one.  I've built many, but never from a kit - can't help you there.  Good luck new guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
In the past several months I have bought 3 stag lowers and installed DPMS lower parts kits in them.  I am extremely pleased with each and every one of them.  They go for about $79 a piece if you order 3 or more from Eagle Firearms (supporter of this site).
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The stags from Eagle Arms is the exact one that I have been looking at. Glad to hear they are decent. Can't beat the price!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#4]
no experience with model 1

but for lowers i have mega's and ameetec's which was in my opinion the best lowers in the price range that i got them for. 80 for the ameetec and 90 for the mega

fit and function on both is perfect
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Lowers:

Mega
Ameetec
Stag Arms
Stinger

All for $90 shipped, give or take $5, and all assembled (minus buttstock) for $150 shipped. Anything more expensive and you are paying for a brand name, unless you get into the funky stuff like the Diamond series receivers.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:25:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have purchased a Model 1 16" CAR kit.

Which lower receiver would you recommend that I get? There are so many different ones, I'm not sure who to go with. I want a decent one, but not too awfully expensive.

I'd also like people's experiences with Model 1 kits. I've already got mine, but I'm curious how others turned out.

Thanks.

The advice given in the above posts on the lowers is great advice.  

To answer your questions about Model 1 kits.  I've only done one kit, No Ban Carbine just 2 weeks ago.  It was great, everything fit together just fine.  I did not get a complete kit, as I had a Upper that I had bought 2 years ago from Del Ton when the had them on sale.  Head Space was good, and like I said everything fit perfectly.  Just as good quality as my JT kit I put together last year, and the First kit I put together from Bushmaster.  You should not have any problems!
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 3:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the replies.

starsil9, thanks for the words of encouragement!! I can't wait to get my lower and get to putting it all together.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top