Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:44:18 PM EDT
And I just have a couple questions...

I've picked out an upper (RRA A2 20" stainless), and I managed to track down a RRA stripped lower at a local gun shop.  I'm also looking at getting the RRA (see a pattern here?) lower parts kit, which they say includes everything you need to put the lower together except the buttstock, buffer, spring, and "receiver extension".  Now, is this "receiver extension" the stripped lower that I just bought, or do I need something else?

And, my final question, is there anything else (besides magazine and ammo) that I'm going to need to buy before I can put my rifle together?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Tools. Roll pin punches, hammer, rubber mallet, a set of hex heads, and an instruction manual would help too. Tetra-gun grease is nice too and makes your life a bit easier. Also, depending on which stock you choose, you might need a stock wrench (A2 or CAR), Allen wrench, or something completely different (since there are quite a few varieties of stocks out there).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
no your going to need the lower parts kit and a but stock kit I have all email is  [email protected]  
the reciever extension  or buffer tube have breakdown and pictures if need email me  as for tools  set of receiver blocks, roll pin punches headspace gauges

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top