Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 12:42:00 PM EDT
I bought a LMT/Lauer lower and used a parts kit from J&T Dist for the build. The only problem I am having is when I move the safety selector to the fire position it does not line up at a 90 deg angle (i.e. the point on the selector is not pointing straight up). The tip lines up more with the I in FIRE then straight up and down. Also when I place it in the FIRE position, there is not a solid feel to it and it does not click at all. Now when I move it to the SAFE position it does click and make a more solid feel.

Is this normal or did I install something a little out of alignment, the safty does work as far as placeing the weapon on safe and I have done a function check and that works ok also.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the same build.  IMHO, if it works, don´t worry about whether it clicks into place or is absolutely vertical.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:45:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I used rock river internals on mine and it lines up and clicks like my issue on e does.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with Jimbo.  I used a RRA LPK and mine stops perfect and has a positive click.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesnt matter where it points, but it should click into and out of place. This is a safety feature, so the safety doesn't come off.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top