Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2004 12:45:54 PM EDT
Are the parts that come with the mega lower any better or worse than bushmaster or RRA? Also if I buy the mega lower should I get the mega upper to go with it or just buy a bushmaster or RRA?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I've heard the Mega's are nice lowers, I doubt they're better than Bushmaster but probably close to it. You don't have to mate it with a Mega upper, any decent upper will work, i.e. RRA, Bushmaster, Model 1, M&A...whatever.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a Mega lower with a different upper.  They work well together.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Are the parts that come with the mega lower any better or worse than bushmaster or RRA? Also if I buy the mega lower should I get the mega upper to go with it or just buy a bushmaster or RRA?

I just missed your first part, Mega does not make LPK or FCG parts.  If you get your Mega with parts through Carrico, you are probably getting RRA guts, which is a good thing.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I sprung for the MEGA Combo, which included the lower, upper and charging handle. It is very nice.

Looking back now, glad I did it.

Danny

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#5]
one thing to remember is that when you buy the upper and lower from the same manufacturer, the finisg SHOULD match.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
i have a mega lowwer with a bushy m4 upper...fits great.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:48:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:09:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I doubt they're better than Bushmaster but probably close to it.

The MEGAs are better in my opinion. Finish is amazing and fit is perfect.

If you get them from Carrico he uses parts kits from various manufacturers to complete them: Bushmaster, RRA, and Olympic. When you order just be sure to specify what you want.

Just today I mated a couple of RRA upper receivers to mega lowers. The finishes don't match but they aren't dramatically different.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't know who makes the parts that Mega uses in their lowers. I guessed Oly since they are in WA but was told that was not it. MY GUESS would be that they would be fine.

The lower is pretty easy to put together n your own if you want.

I have a mega lower laying around here, VERY nice finish on that lower, could do without the "gator grip" through. the finish is MUCH nicer than the stags I bought recently.

I was lucky enough to actually get to put my 2 lowers together at the show with Clinton ( the guy that makes Mega/Stingers)...the parts we used were all DPMS

I have the matched uppers and lowers, Clinton if a "Whore" when you goto his table, He also has Bushmaster lowers, Oly Lowers, Eagle....You name it, he sells it!...But when I get to put the lowers next to eachother, I still buy his MEGA's ( and save a few bucks too!)
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:14:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:48:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Clinton if a "Whore" when you goto his table

Which is why we love him.....
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top