Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2004 6:26:04 PM EDT
I was told that I could find downloadable blue prints here for the AR lower. Anybody know where?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:07:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Where would somebody get blueprints for the whole rifle?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:25:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where would somebody get blueprints for the whole rifle?

Good question.....
I've got the blueprints for the lower, and saw the blueprints for the upper in the forums at www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/, but to get to the collection of files, you have to now be a paying member (I can understand defraying bandwidth and equipment costs that way, but those files were created/scanned/acquired/whatever by the MEMBERS, not the owners of the forums....charging for access to them somehow seems wrong to me)

I'm not sure I've ever seen blueprints for all the individual parts (hammer, sear, bolt, bolt carrier, etc etc etc).  If anyone knows where I can get those, I'd be very happy
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#6]
You can also get prints of the Lower and Upper receivers here:  CNC Gunsmithing   Justin and Audibk have done some good work with the solid models and prints.

What I'd like to find is a drawing of the front sight tower with dimensions.   I'm playing with the idea of creating a flip-up front sight with bayonet lug.   I now need a few dimensions to make sure the model is correct.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Fanoftheblackrifle,

Being a regular on Roderus (now www.homegunsmith.com) for 3 years now, I feel a comment is in order.

The problem the management had to deal with was people with no interest in guns or anything even remotely related were pirating our BW by posting their own stuff  (again not even remotely related) for their friends to download. This had to stop, it was getting expensive.

I don't post here much, or even lurk very often, frankly I've outgrown this site. Compared to us, this forum should be named "Assemble your Own" not "Build your Own". From a gunsmithing / gun design perspective; our database far exceeds yours in depth, detail, and shear technical expertise. We not only have an enormous collection of data from accomplished amateurs (including many AR15.com refugees) but also from many professional gunsmiths and real SOTs, from all over the world. Yes it is definately worth something.

AR15.com has its place and provides a valid function; you people do an admirable job of dealing with the beginners, certainly better than we do (but we do try). Those who acquire the experience AND the required machine tools graduate to our site.  

Enough said.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:18:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Fanoftheblackrifle,

Being a regular on Roderus (now www.homegunsmith.com) for 3 years now, I feel a comment is in order.

The problem the management had to deal with was people with no interest in guns or anything even remotely related were pirating our BW by posting their own stuff  (again not even remotely related) for their friends to download. This had to stop, it was getting expensive.

I don't post here much, or even lurk very often, frankly I've outgrown this site. Compared to us, this forum should be named "Assemble your Own" not "Build your Own". From a gunsmithing / gun design perspective; our database far exceeds yours in depth, detail, and shear technical expertise. We not only have an enormous collection of data from accomplished amateurs (including many AR15.com refugees) but also from many professional gunsmiths and real SOTs, from all over the world. Yes it is definately worth something.

AR15.com has its place and provides a valid function; you people do an admirable job of dealing with the beginners, certainly better than we do (but we do try). Those who acquire the experience AND the required machine tools graduate to our site.  

Enough said.

Fair enough.  I'm on the level of the people over there as far as skills and tools, but other than the file library over there, I didn't see a whole lot of use since I've got more than enough mechanical engineering friends who are more than happy to help me with a lot of the stuff the roderus forums cover, and enough personal experience to make up for quite a bit of it as well.  To each their own I guess.  And FWIW, I agree this should be called the "assemble your own"

I didn't realize ya'll were having a problem with people using the forums as a public ftp type setup, and knowing that, I fully understand why the changes that were made, were made.  All I know is that if I'd contributed any drawings that I created to that library, after these changes I would have demanded that they be pulled, as I do not believe that paying for access to open-source materials is right.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top