Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 7:51:48 PM EDT
The sling point that comes standard.

I see it has a mushroomed out rivet, is that the only thing holding it on? If so, do I need to just reshape the mushroomed part so it fits back in the hole?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:15:48 PM EDT
[#1]
use a brass punch and a hammer and gently tap it out.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:15:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Drill the mushroomed end with a drill bit slightly larger than the mushroomed area.  Go slow and check frequently to see when you are getting close to breaking through.  When close, punch it out with a hammer and punch.  Some of these get installed very well, depending on the mushroom and just going at it with a punch and hammer may be frustrating.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Drill the mushroomed end with a drill bit slightly larger than the mushroomed area.  Go slow and check frequently to see when you are getting close to breaking through.  When close, punch it out with a hammer and punch.  Some of these get installed very well, depending on the mushroom and just going at it with a punch and hammer may be frustrating.

this is the way to do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:43:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent! Thanks for the advice and info. I now have a project for the weekend.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top