Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2004 2:57:13 PM EDT
Has anyone used these and what was the quailty.  I had a rifle built on one of these before the ban but I didn't assemble it.  Seemed to work ok.  I was wondering because they are listed in the Shotgun News for $67.00 each.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume you are talking about Essential Arms J-15 Lowers.

They are the best cast receivers on the market.  Most, and the current ones, are investment cast by the casting division of Ruger, and finished by Essential.  They come in the old gray color anodizing, about the color of a USGI magazine, like the old original M16's.  There are currently no matching receivers made.

I have seen a lot of these lowers and have NEVER seen a malfunction that was caused by the lower.  They are well made, and fit most uppers well.  You could spray it with Norrells, Durakote, etc.

I had a rifle on one of these lowers years ago, and would not hesitate to buy another one.

Hey, you could match it up with one of the "blemished" uppers from LAR-Grizzly, spray both at the same time with whatever color you want.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#2]
their ad says forged or cast same price.  anybody seen their new forged receivers?  if i remember right the ad also mentioned a stainless steel version was available.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top