Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 12:03:18 PM EDT
Bought two lower parts kits from a local shop, i believe they are RRA kits.  Was going to assemble two lowers, one RRA and one DPMS.  Noticed that several of the lower parts, ie mag catch, selector and hammer have a greenish hue to them and do not match up color wise with the lowers (read:  funky lookin').  Any suggestions as to fixing this problem??

Thanks in advance.

JB

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Any help guys?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats very common.

Mag catch is steel.  Mag button is aluminum, etc... not all of the processes will result in the same color, parkerizing, anodizing, etc...

It's a problem?  Not to me..... I cant imagine "fixing" that.

If you really want, you could send them all off to someone who can teflon the parts... to match your lower..... but I will berate you incessantly if you do that.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:33:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Wouldnt mind the coloring difference if it was more of a greyish tone, but that green just looks funky

Maybe some gunkote?  Bake it in the oven?

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Degrease them, then reoil and see how they turn out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top