Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2004 9:06:07 AM EDT
I'm debating on who to use for building an M4.  I am planning on getting a Mega lower for sure.  I have seen the kits for the M4, and wondered what the quality of the lower receiver parts were.  RRA seems to be a popular maker for these parts and I would like to know if I will be sacrificing any quality by going with the Model 1 kit.

Should I go with the entire kit or just get an upper and piecemeal the lower?

Also, what type of accuracy can I get with the Model 1 AR's?  Is there THAT MUCH difference in quality between them and RRA or other manufacturers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm planning a similar project. I just ordered my rra lower and then I’m getting it registered as sbr because I want 14.5 barrel length. Anyway I’m going to use the model 1 m4, I used model one for my 6.8 project and was very impressed with the quality of parts. As far as the lower parts go I believe there all mil-spec, and as accuracy goes couldn't tell ya because I have no 6.8 ammo

sherm
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a M1S C.A.R 6.8mm Rem SPC kit and it works wonderfully!!!!!  The quality is good and I have had no problems shooting it!!!!!  I would recommend M1S!
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:16:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Same here.  I have 2 M4 M1S kit from Model 1 in .556mm.  Quality and customer service is great.  You'll be happy with Model 1.

556man
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 2:36:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow... Not much to decide on there.  For $455 for the kit and an $89 lower, plus an M4 stock, I could have an M4gery for under $600 including transfer!  Nice.

What are the triggers like in these kits?  Does anyone know who makes the lower parts kit?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, anyone know if they do any 'smith work? I'm looking for a 14.5 + phantom attached. Or maybe reccomend me to someone who can.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got the Model 1 M4 kit. Built it on an Oly lower.
haven't had any major issues out of it. had a minor extraction problem but that was due to an almost invisible burr in the chamber.Once it was gone the rifle has performed flawlessly for me.
And partially due to what I think was a 5.56 mixed in with some 223.
I would recommed the kit. And the have great custoemr service too.
Probably will use them again.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top