Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/5/2004 10:23:02 PM EDT
Anyone know a good way to get the holes for the front sight block tapped and aligned with the barrel correctly? I wan't to learn how to do as much of this myself, since I LOVE hands on projects.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:27:20 AM EDT
[#1]
You trying to swap sight bases from one barrel to another?  Good luck, as there is no standard as to where the taper pin holes are drilled and reamed.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:37:06 AM EDT
[#2]
The easiest way is to use an Armalite clamp on fsb.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:43:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You trying to swap sight bases from one barrel to another?  Good luck, as there is no standard as to where the taper pin holes are drilled and reamed.

Trying to install a new non-drilled one (preban).
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Trying to install a new non-drilled one (preban).

Good luck.  Very little chance of you being able to get the holes in the FSB to match the holes/slots in the barrel.  Best to fill the holes/slots in the barrel and start from scratch.

Either that or drill holes in the new FSB and mount it with setscrews.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top