Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2004 4:41:26 PM EDT
i am curently building my first ar target rifle and would like to know which bull barrel complete upper are consistantly the most accurate for around 650 bucks.

also does anyone make a stripped lower reciever for an ar 10?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 11:49:59 AM EDT
[#1]
any one?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:05:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I've read stories in gun magazines of DPMS's family of bull barrels and they are at good prices. There is always someone talkin the world about rock river arms, but I dont know how much that is. You could also look at Model 1 sales, they have good prices. You can find DPMS and Model 1 sale in the links page. Rock river arms in the equipment exchange forum. I dont have an answer for your AR 10 question. Sorry. Hope this helps!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Olympic SUM.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:13:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Olympic SUM.

I've heard good things about Oly's barrels.  

My DPMS varmint will put quarter sized groups on paper at 100 yards all day.  With a some effort on my part, I can put them under a dime.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to www.olyarms.com/usa.html and download their Adobe (pdf) catalog.

Check out page 27, the K6 and K8 uppers.  I have an older version of the K6, mine does not have the picatinny rail gas block.  This is the whole upper half, not just a barrel.

Oly's broach cut barrels are very good.  The 1x8 twist will cover you for most of the good target bullets, 69 gr-77 gr, but is still accurate with 55 gr and 62 gr.  

Get the Harris bipod option.

Plan on spending as much on the scope as you do the rest of the rifle.

I have the JP trigger and hammer, there are other popular triggers.

I have been through two previous sets of rings and scope mount rails, and just was not satisfied.  I have settled on the Armalite scope mount, which is a one piece mount, rings and all on a well made rugged unit.  You can get this mount in 1" and 30mm versions.  It puts the scope centerline at the same height above the bore as the aperture on A2 carry handle sights.  Also, it gives you enough forward offset to obtain correct eye relief.

Scopes, don't slap on a $50 Wallyworld special.  You will end up spending nearly as much for a good scope as you did the rest of the rifle.  I have a Leupold Vari-X III 6-20x.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
These are some nice scopes here. A guy I work with just got the 4x16x50....very nice scope for the money!  www.muelleroptics.com/
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:49:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Olympic SUM.

Affirm, I honestly believe you will not find a better barrel for anywhere close to this color of money.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top