Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/27/2003 5:20:17 PM EDT
I am getting ready to build my first AR from a kit. I plan to use a 16" Varminter upper (probably Model-1). Bull,float etc. I shoot pretty well with iron sights and I'm not a real big fan of optics (not bashing, just don't care much for them personally). To get the longest sight radius from the short barrel, I would like to mount the front sight as close to the muzzle as possible. I seem to recall seeing a clamp-on (bolt-on?) front sight for bull barrels somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere. Have any of you seen one? Thanks. I almost forgot, I've seen the ones that look like a standard AR15/M16 front sight. The one I'm looking for looks like the hooded front sights used on target rifles.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I almost deleted this post, but I thought it might be helpful to someone else looking for an alternative to the sights that usually come with AR's. I found the sight base. It's made by Lipski. I found them at Ok Weber Sights.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top