Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/22/2003 8:41:43 AM EDT

Yes I made the move. I have always wanted one. I finally found a add in one of my varmint magazines. It's my christmas present. I can't think of a better one. I glad that I went looking for parts and other stuff on the web or I would never have found AR-15 .com. It's agreat site. A lot of good information. I have one question for anyone who might be able to answer it for me. I'm wanting to know just what tools it would take to assemble the lower reciever? I read some of the posts about putting the ar together but I'm not real sure if I am clear on the tools it would take.
I got my kit from Model -1 sales and the lower is comming from Quantico.
Should be here in about 4 weeks as Model - 1 was waiting for barrels for kit that I ordered.
I would just like to say that I'm glade to be a part of group of people with the same passion for the freedoms and the love for fine weapons that I have. I spent 20 years in the military 3 in the Army and 17 in the Wyo. Guard. So I had alot of time with the black gun. Now my dream has come true. I can finally own one for myself.
                  Thanks
                  bubba4602
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats and good luck on the build.  You shouldn't have any problem putting that thing together.  And also welcome to the site.
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the site!  Any questions that come up on your build this is the place to find answers!

Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple of punches (don't remember the size right off the top of my head) and a small hammer is all you'll need to put it together.  just remember to tape the lower receiver up to avoid scratching it.  Welcome to the sickness that is BIY AR15!!!
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 11:48:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a RRA stripped lower today.
What kind of tape?
Link Posted: 11/22/2003 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I used multiple layers of masking tape.  Something that really comes in handy for assembly are roll pin punches from Brownell's, they are really nice to have for installing your roll pins.

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top